2020-21 Parent Volunteer Commitments
Parents are required to complete a volunteer commitment for each family registered in the program. These volunteer commitments help us to raise funds in order to keep our program fees down, and to help run the program.
A $300 cheque or credit card hold will be taken at registration until the commitment time is completed.
It is your responsibility to replace yourself if you cannot make your commitment. If you do not attend or arrange for your replacement, your funds will be deposited.
- North East basketball holds bingos each year at Kensington Bingo Hall 12538-132 Avenue from 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Bingo Volunteers must be 18 years of age (exception may be made for special circumstances by contacting the executive director prior to attending the bingo)
- Please remember to keep moving, and turn your cell phone off.
- You will receive a $10 meal credit.
- If you cannot work the bingo you have chosen it is your responsibility to find another person to cover your shift, and to inform the executive director. It is NOT NEBA's responsibility to find your replacement. If you do not work your shift or send a replacement, NEBA will cash your deposit cheque.
Bingo Dates for the Upcoming 2020-21 Season:
Monday September 28, 2020 Monday Jan 11, 2021
Thursday October 22, 2020 Thursday Jan 28, 2021
Monday November 9, 2020 Wednesday February 10, 2021
Wednesday November 25, 2020 Thursday March 22, 2021
Wednesday December 9, 2020
- The bingo hall has been reconfigured to accomodate social distancing, and patrons are screened and seated by greeters.
- Bingo workers will be screened for temperature, fever, cough, runny nose and difficulty breathing - anyone with these symptoms would not be allowed entry.
- Everyone in the hall must wear a mask as per the City of Edmonton's Mask and Face Covering Bylaw. Patrons may eat and drink without masks, however they are expected to replace the mask when workers approach them, and may be refused service if they do not replace masks.
Note that assistant coaches will be released from parental volunteer commitments only if there are enough volunteers for the program.
Please register as a coach HERE
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Annual General Meeting: TBA
Registration assistants - 3 volunteers required. Duties include set up, take down, and helping with on-line registration (volunteers must have a good understanding of the on-line registration process in order to assist other parents getting their children registered)
Picture Day: TBA
8 volunteers required
Uniform Pick up day: (late September)
6 volunteers required
Uniform Return day: (mid March)
6 volunteers required
Year end event: TBA
10 volunteers required to set up, take down, serve food, and monitor the gym
Please follow this link to register for your volunteer effort.